DorisDollars

Thursday, December 21, 2006

The results are in!

Hi everyone :)

Thank you for being patient and waiting for me to post the results of the fundraising raffle. It was sure a LOT of work and we are all exhausted... but it was a success. I would have liked to have sold more tickets but it was very hard. I sat at my table at school, in front of the cafeteria, every lunch hour for two weeks and I didn't sell nearly as many as I had hoped. But, in the last few days of sales, my Auntie Darlene and my Uncle Stephen (who works at the School Board office, attached to our school) really helped a lot. By the end of the sale, I realized that all of us together had done a great job!

If I could play a drumroll here, I would... but these are a couple of pictures of me, taken today, when I delivered a cheque for $1,115.00 to the Canadian Cancer Society office!

They seemed really surprised and happy that I was making such a big donation. Mr. Bonneau, who I've mentioned before, was in a meeting when I arrived (because I didn't make an appointment with him -- I just really wanted to give them the money before Christmas!). He took time out of his meeting and came out to see me. I thought that was really nice.

Anyway, thank you very very very much to everyone who sponsored this event, everyone who bought tickets, and to my family who worked on it for so long. Thank you to my principal, Mr. Urovitch, for giving me permission to hold this activity on school premises. The people that we've heard from have all been very pleased and impressed with their prizes. I even got a hug from one of my teachers who won a prize!

I'm not sure what will be next for me and Doris Dollars but I promise it won't be too long before I come up with something else.
I am sticking to my goal and trying my best! And now, we get to update my website thermometer -- it'll be fun to see the new numbers!

Love,Kelsey.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home