DorisDollars

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Great news!

My mom had a phone call today from Mme Caron at the Canadian Cancer Society (you might have seen her comment here on my website). She is so nice!! She told us that their systems people are working very hard on setting up a way that I can link to their site through DorisDollars. That way, people will be able to come here and make donations that will go to them directly (from Canada and the United States!) but I'll be able to keep track of the total amounts to count towards my goal.

This is
really exciting and I'm very happy that they want to help me!!! Thank you Mme Caron! Someone else is going to contact me (specifically for the area where I live) and will also help me with my garage sale. I will be able to show people who come to my sale that the CCS knows about it and supports me and that all the money collected will really be donated to them (and NOT put in my piggy bank!).

One of the best things is that Mme Caron told us that the link that they are working on for me could eventually be available to others who want to do what I'm doing!! They aren't just making a one-time "fix" for me... they are making something that will help more people in the future! Isn't that GREAT?? We're going to hear back from them again in a few more days. I'm so happy!

By the way, Mme Caron said that they had a hard time using my email link to contact me. We have checked the coding and have tested it from many different email accounts (like hotmail, yahoo and others) and it is working correctly. If you have trouble reaching me by email, please don't hesitate to post a comment after any of my entries. They appear on the website but they are also emailed to me by this system so I will be sure to get your message one way or another!

Still working on the garage sale but I'll update you again soon!

Kelsey
xo

1 Comments:

  • Kelsey, that is FANTASTIC news! It's exactly what I would have hoped for - actually it's even better, since it looks like your idea could be the start of something REALLY BIG!

    It sounds as if the CCS is going all out to help you. They're probably as proud of you as we are (NO way)

    Way ta go, kiddo :)

    By Blogger Joyce H., at 8/31/2006 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home