DorisDollars

Friday, September 08, 2006

My meeting today

After school today, I had a meeting at our local CCS office with a nice man named Mr. Paul Bonneau, Regional Development Agent. He is the person who is helping me to get started, especially for my garage sale.

At our meeting, he asked me what grade I am in, why I want to do this project and what it was all about. I told him that I lost my Grandma to cancer and that I hope someday soon no one else will have to go through that. He gave me LOTS of materials that will be VERY useful as I work on this goal. He gave me cardboard donation boxes, posters, daffodil stickers to put on someone that donates cash to me, videos from CCS events like the "Relay for Life," magnets that I will also use for donations, and more.

I think the best thing he gave me was a letter of Authorization that tells people that I "will organize fundraising activities for the profit of the Canadian Cancer Society", that my mom and I "will solicit individuals or companies to receive donations or sponsorships" etc. That means that I am authorized to use their name for publicity or finding sponsors. This is GREAT! Now I can approach other people or companies to help me in the future and I will be OFFICIAL. My mom already helped me to make business cards and Mr. Bonneau told me that I am allowed to put their logo on my cards at any time, if I choose to do so.

I also got an email today from Mme Caron. The process to get a link for donations on this website is almost ready! When you click on the link, it's going to look just like what you see on the CCS website now. BUT! There will be a couple of special details for people to fill out so that I WILL be able to know how much is being raised through my site. I will be able to keep track towards my overall goal! I'll be giving you more information about it and the steps to do, as soon as it's ready (it should be next week). This is so exciting!

I feel very happy and confident now because I can see that things are getting accomplished. I just finished cleaning and preparing my dollhouse and all its accessories, which I have decided to sell. This weekend, we're working on pricing things. Next weekend, the 16th, will be the "big day." I know I can't raise a TON of money with my first event but it will be fun and I know now that every single cent helps.

I hope you'll keep checking back here to see how I'm doing!

Kelsey
xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home